PSYCHOTHERAPY WITH A PERSON WITH NARCISSISTIC AND SCHIZOID PERSONALITY ADAPTATION
WORKSHOP FOR PROFESSIONALS, 2nd EDITION
We are pleased to invite you to the workshop for psychotherapists, which aims to deepen existing knowledge and practice of psychotherapy in working with people with Narcissistic and Schizoid Personality Adaptation. The workshop is directed to professionals working in a variety of therapeutic modalities, as well as people who can use the content of the workshop in their area of work.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP — PROGRAM
Introduction to Personality Disorders, An Overview:
• A Brief History of the Diagnosis
• What is the difference between having a tendency and having a disorder?
• Where is the line between neurosis and personality disorder and psychosis?
• Whole Object relations and Object Constancy
• Interpersonal Gestalt (Elinor Greenberg's concept)
• Personality disorder exercises
• Group Discussion
Introduction to Narcissistic Disorders:
• Overview of Narcissistic Disorders (and differentiation from Borderline disorders)
• 3 Basic Types of Narcissistic Adaptation: Exhibitionist, Closet and Toxic
• Musical Introduction to the different ways Narcissistic clients present in session (songs that represents the Narcissistic Adaptations)
• Differential Diagnosis exercises
Treatment of Narcissistic Disorders
• Basic Principles of Treatment—what to do and what not to do
• Empathic Interventions
• Common Problems in the Treatment of Narcissistic Disorders
• Differences in treatment of Exhibitionist, Closet, and Toxic Narcissists
• Demonstration, role playing exercises and pair exercises
Introduction to Schizoid Disorders
• Overview of Schizoid Disorders
• Musical Introduction to the different ways Schiziod clients present in session (songs that represents the Schizoid Adaptations)
• Basic Treatment Principles
• Pair exercises on Diagnosis and Treatment of Schizoid Disorders
• Differential Diagnosis with Borderline, Narcissistic and Schizoid Disorders
Deepening of the Issues Discussed Preaviously:
• supervision of problematic issues
• demo session (s) supervision of clients
The content of the workshop can be modified by the teacher to reflect, in the best possible way, the need of participants.
Duration: 3 days
Dates: 28th till 30th June 2018.
Hours of the workshop: 10:00 am till 6:30 pm.
Maximum number of participants: 30.
Translation: The workshop will be held in English with translation into Polish. Participants will recieve a handout in English.
Information: [email protected]
REGISTRATION ONLY THROUGH THE APPLICATION FORM:
Costs: Costs: 1950 PLN (490 EUR)
1st installment — 240 EUR — needs to be paid within 7 days from the moment of receiving confirmed registration email.
2nd repayment – 500 PLN (125 EUR) paid till 31st January 2018.
3rd repayment – 500 PLN (125 EUR) paid till 31st May 2018.
FIRST 10 PARTICIPANTS WILL RECIEVE 10% DISCOUNF FROM THE REGULAR PRICE.
The workshop is led by Elinor Greenberg, PHD.
Elinor Greenberg is a licensed psychologist in private practice in New York City. Dr. Greenberg is an internationally known Gestalt Therapist and trainer who is also certified in the Masterson Approach to the Psychodynamic Treatment of Borderline, Narcissistic and Schizoid Disorders; Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and Group Psychotherapy.
Dr. Greenberg is a teaching member and Vice-President of the NY Institute for Gestalt Therapy, adjunct faculty to the Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training, psychology consultant to the Tarot School of New York, and a former faculty member of The Masterson Institute. Dr. Greenberg is an associate editor of Gestalt Review and is listed in the National Registry of Group Psychotherapists.
Dr. Greenberg has written extensively on Borderline, Narcisssitic and Schizoid adaptations and lectures in North America and Europe.Her new book, Borderline, Narcissistic, and Schizoid Adaptations: The Pursuit of Love, Admiration and Safety has just been published (see elinorgreenberg.com/
We offer a discount for those wishing to take part in two workshops — Psychotherapy for a Person with Borderline Personality Adaptation – Workshop for Professionals and Psychotherapy for a Person with Narcissistic and Schizoid Personality Adaptation – Workshop for Professionals.
Cost of participation in two workshops:
3200 PLN (800 EUR). You save 450 PLN (113 EUR)
List of installements:
1st repayment – 900 PLN (225 EUR), it needs to be paid within 7 days from the moment of receiving confirmed registration email.
2nd repayment – 1100 PLN (275 EUR) paid till 31st January 201.
3rd repayment – 1200 PLN (300 EUR) paid till 31st May 2018.
The person choosing the participation in both workshops will have the opportunity to take part two times in the first module. The first module includes the diagnosis of personality disorders, Interpersonal Gestalt concept and practices relating to the diagnosis of personality disorders. At the same time we want to emphasize that this is a key part of the workshop, and an introduction to the issues discussed during the whole training.
Psychotherapy with a person with borderline personality:
Polish version: facebook.com/events/143462446266188/